Renovate your kitchen and make it exactly the way you want it! With the number of hours spent in the kitchen you deserve a perfect design. Not only will you enjoy your kitchen more but you will increase the value of your home. Contact us today to find out how we can make your dream a reality.
Remodelling your kitchen can seem like a big job, but here at Mer-Con we are experienced in kitchen renovations, and we can help and advise you every step of the way. Some pre-planning and considering your options will help make your project go smoother. Here are some things to think about to help get you started.
- What is your budget? Typical kitchen renovations can cost between $15,000 - $40,000 depending on the size of kitchen and what is desired
- What is your timeline? The time frame for completion of kitchen renovations can vary greatly depending on the scope of work involved. A simple job may only take a couple of days, or a full renovation involving moving walls, electrical, etc. may take several weeks. Granite or quartz countertops typically add in a minimum of a week to the timeline.
- Are you going to replace your appliances? Do you have a general estimate of the cost of new appliances? How long will it take to get them?
- Do you want to change the layout of your kitchen? Will it be necessary to change the location of the plumbing?
- Do you want to increase your electrical outlets?
- Are you wanting to remove any walls to make the space more open?
- It may take some time to complete your kitchen renovation. Do you have a plan on where you will cook and clean while the construction takes place? Can you set up a temporary area?
- What kind of flooring do you want? Does it need to tie into existing flooring?
- Are you replacing your lighting? Have you chosen the style that you want?
- What general style of kitchen are you interested in, modern or more traditional, country, cottage, or farmhouse, etc?
- Are you looking for closed cabinets, glass doors, or open shelves?
- What kind of countertop do you want? Quartz, granite, laminate, etc.
- Do you want an island for additional countertop space or seating? Do you have room for an island?
- Are there specific features that you want to include in your cabinets like lazy susans, corner drawers, appliance or mixer lift, pots and pans drawers, or pull-out drawers?
- What kind of sink and faucet are you looking for: farmhouse sink, double sink, undermount or drop-in sink, pull down or standard faucet, touchless faucet?